Gorgeous Halloumi Burger Recipe To Try Right Now

Full disclosure, if you buy the Veggie Lean in 15 book through these links, I'll earn a tiny commission at no extra cost to you. Maybe enough for a coffee!


This has fast become one of my favourite meals!


I like to eat healthy most of the time but I do think that having the odd naughty meal is important for the mind.


It’s good to let go every now and then and as long as we are eating healthy 80% of the time, we can have a bit of a splurge for the remaining 20%.


If you’re constantly limiting yourself, you’re only going to make things harder, start resenting the diet and create a bit more stress within you.


But that’s what’s cool about this meal. It's insanely delish!


You’ll feel like you’re cheating but you could eat a lot worse than this, trust me.


I can’t take the credit for this one though.


I’m sure you’ve heard of Joe Wicks (you know...the Lean in 15 guy?).


His recipes are gorgeous and this one is no different.


I've been dabbling with veggie meals to mix things up a bit. You don't have to eat meat with every meal and there are some really tasty meals to be had if we just opened our minds a bit to veggie meals.


I often have this on a Friday night with a cold IPA, served with some sweet potato wedges in front of Netflix. Awesome end to the week!


So, below is the recipe from the Veggie Lean in 15 book with added sweet potato wedges.



Ingredients (serves 1)


Burger

  • 3 tbsp peri-peri sauce

  • 100g Halloumi, cut into 4 slices

  • 1 tbsp of good mayo

  • Lettuce

  • Burger bun of your choice (I like brioche!)


Sweet potato wedges

  • 1-2 sweet potatoes (depending on size / how hungry you are)

  • Sea salt

  • Black pepper

  • Thyme

  • Drizzle of olive oil

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees

  2. Get a baking tray and zig-zag a drizzle of olive oil across the base. Sprinkle some sea salt, black pepper, and thyme in there too. Put into the oven to heat the oil.

  3. Leaving the skin on, cut the sweet potato in half lengthways, cut the halves down the middle, until you get nice size wedges. 

  4. Once the oil is heated well enough, chuck the wedges into the tray and toss them, covering the wedges in the oil. Put the wedges in the oven for half an hour, tossing them periodically.

  5. Pour 2 tbsp of peri-peri sauce into a bowl. Put the halloumi slices in there, ensuring they are covered in the sauce and leave to marinate.

  6. Stir the last tbsp of peri-peri into a separate bowl with the mayo. It should be a nice, smooth, light orange sauce.

  7. Cut the tomato into slices for the bun.

  8. When your wedges have around 15 minutes left, begin warming a non-stick, dry frying pan on a high heat. When it’s hot, throw the halloumi slices in.

  9. Fry for around 3 minutes on each side. Whatever sauce you have left from the marinate, spoon it over the frying slices. You’re looking for them to go golden.

  10. Toast your burger bun. Once it’s toasted, spread the peri-mayo over the top and base. Stack your halloumi, lettuce, and tomatoes. Serve with your wedges and enjoy!

For me awesome veggie recipes, check out Joe's Veggie Lean in 15 book here on amazon.


In a bit.

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Instagram Icon
  • White Pinterest Icon

YOGI BEGINS

© 2019 by Yogi Begins. Proudly created with Wix.com. 

 

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.